Sunday, April 5, 2009

Frankfurt, Germany

Frankfurt Temple


Today was conference. And since we get it 8 hrs later we spent the day around Frankfurt. We went to see the Frankfurt temple. Which was really neat. It is built with a triangle ceiling and kind of on the side of the mountain. Then to an old catholic cathedral. It was amazing the beauty that they put inside it. You can't see it well in the pictures but the ceiling was all made of a crystal mosaic. Then to some old Roman Ruins, and to a little town from the 15 century called Hessenpark. They have a market in the middle of the square, it was amazing! Then when we got back my mom and I took Ellie on a walk through the cemetery across the street these are the neatest things. (The German's love babies. When we would pass almost everyone would stop and look and talk to Ellie.)The people here have to keep the plots clean or they get fined. And they are huge and everyone plants flowers on the plots. They have fountains and the water cans to fill so you can water the flowers on the plots. This cemetery has a huge section for the German's killed in war and right next to it on for the Jewish prisoners that were used in medical experiments. I love history and I can't believe what all is here. My mom said that alot was lost in WWII. I told my mom I can't believe that Hitler became so prideful and wanted to take over so much that he didn't protect the beauty and the history here. Its amazing! I hope you all like the pictures.


Catholic Cathedral

The crystal mosaic on the ceiling

Hessenpark, Germany

Cemetary outside parents apartment these are the graves of some Jewish prisoners

These are the graves of the soldiers from WWI and WWII.

2 comments:

jc said...

i love seeing the pics, dad is looking too. keep having fun and keep posting. We love you!

Abbie said...

It Looks so cool!! Everything looks so fun!! I am sad I won't see you but I am glad your having fun!!