Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Grandma Carter

I write this post with a heavy heart. Cory's grandma passed away this afternoon from a long illness.. I remember walking into your home almost 5 years ago and being introduced to you.. You couldnt remember my name so all that you could get out of it was Big Mama and I must be Hawiian. Which later became a huge joke for everyone. I guess I was just one of the many that got a fake name until either we were gone or soon after seeing things were getting serious you had to figure out what our real name was. I truly enjoyed going over a few times a week and visiting with you and Grandpa Carter. It gave not only you something to do... but time for me to learn about you .
I will never forget how you always opened your home to everyone. It didn't matter who, what, why whatever it may be if someone needed to be there you had a place for them. A place for them to be comfortable. I truly owe you so much credit for taking in and treating my boys no different from your other grandchildren. And I know that they felt that love from you. I also know that they didn't notice any difference. They always called you Grandma and Grandpa Carter. I am so glad to know that my children now have been able to meet you. I wish the younger ones could have spent more time. But I know that they will have many great memories.
I have heard of your great deeds here on earth. That you would give to anyone and I have seen and witnessed it. I know that you have a great work to do.. You are and were a WONDERFUL example. Keep up the good work.. Watch over us and have some fun~


1 comment:

Sorena said...

I'm sorry for your loss. It is so painful to lose someone you love so much.
I am thinking of you and sending lots of love and prayers your way.
She looks like a super cute grandma!