Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sneaky

Addison has had a binky and in the mists of trying to move and bring a baby home I have been very bad at taking it away. So, she loves "Wizard of Oz" and we got her some Dorothy shoes that we said was a present from Ellie. And her present to Ellie was her binkies because she is a BIG girl now.
Well any chance Addie can get she wants to "hold" the binky or "play" with the binky. We at first had let her do that. Because I'm sure it is hard to give up especially with all these new changes. And at night it is a comfort to her. She wakes up and wants it. So, we let her hold it and then she would disappear behind couches, cabinets or go in other rooms. And we could her sucking noises. We would call her and she would hurry take it out of her mouth come out with a big smile like she hasn't done anything wrong. I tell you. She is only 2 yrs old and is one heck of a smart cookie! Now does she get the being sneaky from her dad or me? I'd like to think she is getting her smarts from me.



1 comment:

Linds said...

Morghan still has her binkie at her nap and at night too. I can't bring myself to take it completely away from her. I figure if she's only using it at those times, what's the harm, she will give it up eventually I hope. Besides, I don't want to deal with her if she doesn't sleep throught the night without it.