Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Camping 2008

I love to camp. I actually don't mind tents. And when I came here I was shocked to see that at girls camp they have cabins. Because when I was in Young Women we did the whole rough and toughin' it. My family used to go camping every year at the beach in South Carolina when we went back for our family reunions. While my dad would mysteriously disappear to a hotel somewhere.(he's not a camper)
So, when I married into Cory's family I was so excited because they are a camping family. They used to go to Montana every year and camp and fish. We went last year together. The other side of his family used to take camp outs until it became to hard on his grandparents. So we brought the camping to them. This post is about the camp outs in our different families this year!
Cory's family went to his grandparents back yard everyone put up tents and trailers. We weren't allowed inside at all! (except for bathroom breaks) Cory and I have a trailer so we brought that over. Although we have done it in the past in a tent. While I was pregnant even.(go me!) We always have family games. Relay races, Simon Says, Ships and Sailors, and dance contest that Addie was totally getting down to. Whatever the game planning team can come up with. My team this year did not win. (I think the other's cheated!) It was a blast! And I look forward to it every year now!














Then there is the Durrance Family. We had our camp out this year over the weekend of my parents mission farewell. It was the only time we could get almost all 10 of us siblings and grandkids together! This year we hit up the local sports store and camped out there. We had everything that we needed right there within reach! The tents where set up. The fishing poles and tackle stuff where ready. Food was available! We managed to bring over a fire pit! And as you can see we have our "OWN" climbing wall!














I guess you can say we all have our own style of camping!

1 comment:

The Marvelous Mrs. Miller said...

you camped out in sports store??? WOW! That is tooo cool!