Thursday, July 3, 2008

Ahh to be young again!

Camp Koholowo


The "dorms" (cado's girl is in the pink striped shirt)

trying to make the grass whistle



This week it has been YW Girls Camp. Need I say more. Being that I serve in the YW I was fortunate enough as to go up. But for some reason I was not prepared for what I was to receive. Our camp is up Payson Canyon called Camp Koholowo (try to pronounce that). The "dorms" are cement slabs with half a wall running through to seperate it into 2 rooms. (From what I hear the girls will climb the rafter from room to room.) Bunk beds line all the walls. And there are no mattresses. Just a wooden board. Thats what I was unaware of. I remember when I was in YW loving camp. And I have to say it was like bringing back old memories. I had some of my favorite girls sleeping right around me. But those favorite girls are also the loudest and giggle the most. And the one that you can't help but "love" ( I do really mean that) and is the one that laughs more than anyone else was the one right above me. So up till 3 sleeping on a wooden plank, you can only imagine I was not a happy Koombiah camper!
But I have to say it was a very spiritual experience and let me see a side of the girls I don't often get to see. From the embracing of someone else to someone who got their feelings hurt. To some of the girls I never would have expected get up and give their testimony. It made me feel very fortunate to be in the Young Women and be able to have them be my example.

Member of the bishopric


the turtle race

1 comment:

cheyney webb said...

Holy crap! You and I used to be those giggly girls at girls camp. I got to go to girls camp a few years back as the camp nurse. Girls would wake me up at 2 a.m. to tell me stupid ailments that could have waited until the morning. Ahhh. the drama.
Fun that you are in YW.