Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The "Y"














My friend an I made a big accomplishment yesterday. If anyone knows the "Y" its a the top of the mountain in Provo over looking all of the valley. We decided to take the kids up for a little hike. That's what I thought. I was told it was on a steep mountain BUT, that it was all switchbacks.
Meaning the trail just make "Z"'s going up the mountain. So, of course I thought how hard can that be. I'm writing it in big letters.
I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN! at least not pregnant and at 1:00 in the afternoon. That was the hardest dang walk I have ever done.

I will say that although it was tough it was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast and it was a great memory to make with them. Most of the time I feel like I'm encouraging my kids to do stuff , this time it was them encouraging me. And the view really was pretty. When I got to the top I plopped right down. But it really was amazing to see. And I'm glad I experienced it. Many times I had wanting to give up. But, the only thing pushing me was my kids that were always way ahead of me (and my friends 3 yr old that was beating me up it) me taking the picture and posting it on here and saying I did it. And of course coming home and again saying to Cory I did it.. I felt like Rocky Bolboa! ADRIAN!

No comments: